Mantras and Prayers for Custom Prayer Wheels
We follow Tibetan Buddhist traditions when constructing and filling our prayer wheels (unless someone specifically requests otherwise). We have studied extensively for many years under the guidance of our teacher H.E. Garchen Rinpoche in the proper way to approach and accomplish the practice of constructing and filling prayer wheels, according to traditional Tibetan Buddhist methods. In addition we follow the added guidance of the tradition of Lama Zopa Rinpoche.
We offer many different Buddhist Mantras and Prayers that can be combined in unique combinations to fill the inside of your Custom Prayer Wheel. Here you will find information on what mantras and prayers are available and how to decide what to include.
Note:We will also make non-buddhist prayer wheels filled with positive prayers or mantras from other spiritual traditions upon request.
Inside Our Custom Prayer Wheels
- The Chenrezig mantra is the traditional mantra used in prayer wheels. Our teacher H.E. Garchen Rinpoche has always encouraged us to include a small amount of the Green Tara mantra as well. So unless otherwise requested, our prayer wheels will be filled with 90% Chenrezig’s mantra and 10% Green Tara mantras.
- We include the Chenrezig and Green Tara mantras free of charge. Each additional mantra added is 10$. We charge this additional fee for adding multiple different mantras because the microfilm is very expensive and must be ordered in large quantities. This fee helps us to keep the many different mantras in stock.
- Our prayer wheels are filled with mantras printed on microfilm. The printed film is archival quality, and will last more than a lifetime. The mantras are clearly legible under a microscope, yet are so small that millions, or even billions will fit inside a single prayer wheel.
- To read more about what microfilm is and how it works read our blog post on the subject here: https://prayerwheelshop.com/2016/02/02/what-is-buddhist-microfilm-anyway/
- In addition to the mantras, all the appropriate traditional consecrating mantras such as the earth and sky wheel and the life tree mantra are included inside.
Mantras and Prayers Available on Buddhist Microfilm
- All the mantras are printed in TIBETAN SCRIPT
The Mantras we ALWAYS have Available are:
- Chenrezig, Mani or Avalokiteshvara- OM MANI PADME HUNG
- Green Tara– OM TARE TUTARE TURE SVAHA
- Vajrakilaya– OM BENZAR KILA KILAYA SARVA BIGNAN BAM HUNG PHAT
- Long Chakrasamvara
- Long Vajrayogini
- Padmasambhava/Guru Rinpoche– OM AH HUNG VAJRA GURU PADMA SIDDHI HUNG
- Amitabha– OM AMI DEWA HRI
- Medicine Buddha- TAYATA OM BHEKANDZE BHEKANDZE MAHA BHEKANDZE RANDZA SAMUNGATE SOHA
- Vajrasattva 100 syllable mantra
- White Tara-OM TARE TUTARE TURE MAMA AYUR JNANA PUNYE PUSHTIM KURU SVAHA
Other mantras we have available right now are:
- 7 Line Prayer To Guru Rinpoche
- Short Yamantaka Mantra
- 5 Powerful Deities Mantras – Mitrugpa, Stainless Pinnacle, Kunrig, Namgyalma, Lotus Pinnacle of Amogapasha
- Manjushri- OM AH RA PA TSA NA DI
- Lion Face Dakini Mantra
- Milarepa Mantra – OM A GURU HASA BENZAR HUNG
- H.E.Garchen Rinpoche Guru Yoga Mantra
- Yangzab Vajravarahi Mantra
- Hayagriva Mantra
- 21 Praises to Tara Prayer
- The Entire Derge Edition of the Tibetan Kangyur(Will only fit in a medium table top or larger)
- Achi Mantra
- The Golden Light Sutra
- H.E. Garchen Rinpoches
- Yangzab Vajrayogini
- White Dzambhalla
Less Common Mantras that are available on microfilm. We don’t keep these in stock but can order them upon request for an additional fee:
- Long Avalokiteshvara Mantra
- Four Dharmakaya Relic Mantras
- Dharani of Pure Stainless Light
- Stainless Pinnacle- Tsugtor Drime
- Kurukulla Mantra
- Dependent Related Heart Mantra
- Red Tara Mantra and Prayer
- Ta Chag Kyung Sum Mantra
- Amitayus Mantra
- Longchenpa Mantra
- Padmadakini Mantra
- Dorje Drollo Mantra